Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snow: What a let down!

I think where I live must be the only place in England (and most of the UK!) which has not had any serious snow this week. Woke up this morning to find some snow, but it wasn't long before it was gone, and it was nowhere near enough to even consider getting a day off school - and when snow began to fall later, it didn't settle. I think I will have to accept that there won't be a weather-related day off school for me!


I've just got back from a friend's house, and she has a lovely little brother and sister, who are so sweet - we had a real laugh, and got some homework done too, which is always good: I have finished hnomework for this eveing, so have spent half an hour on my book, then read for a little bit (my latest is 'She went all the way' by Meg Cabot - although only a chapter in!) and then thought I'd update on here. I'm planning on an early night as well!


Sunday night I was extremely annoyed; I went to bed at ten, turned my TV, laptop and light off and and tried to go to sleep at around quarter to eleven. By three in trhe morning I was still lying there, not sleeping - I really hate it when that happens! So, having finally fallen asleep some time after three, I was pretty tired the next day. Luckily, last night's sleep was better! Still, I'm a little tired, so I will try to get to bed early.


I now have another job, which I'm very happy about - babysitting for a local woman, both for her kids and for those who come and stay at the holiday homes she has surrounding her house. It's going to be greta, both for experience with kids (and I love babysitting, which is an added bonus!) which will look good on my CV, and the money towards my trip to America. Have I mentioned that? Not sure I have: next February, I'm off to New York and Washington DC for a week with the school - so now I'm saving up so that I can afford the trip! At the minute, I'm working quite a bit, but I enjoy it all, so I have nothing to complain about =]


A little update on the novel: over 50,000 words now, and 150 pages!! Glad you like the sound of the blurb, Molly. I'm going to write some more tonight I think - I'm emailing it off chapter by chapter to my friend who's going through and editing it. She's enjoying it, which gives some hope that it's ok!


I'm off to see Twilight again tomorrow - there's a whole group of us going, and most of us are seeing it for the second time, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm also going to see the band Keane on Monday, which I'm very excited about! So it's a busy week coming up, with homework and then a babysitting job coming up! I'm also planning what I'm going to do for my birthday: it's my seventeenth on the twenty-seventh of Feb, so I think I'm going to do something to celebrate during February half-term. Now, I think I'll try and finish another chapter of the novel... =]

2 comments:

Molly said...

Hi Becky,

Thanks very much for the links for my English work. They look very useful, so I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

What a shame you've not had any proper snow. I didn't see much here, but apparently on Mon there was quite a bit around school (which is 20 miles away), so that's why we had a snow day. More snow showers are forecast here towards the weekend, so maybe you'll get some in a couple of days (fingers crossed).

I know exactly how you feel about Sun, as I hate nights like that. I try to go to sleep around 11 to 11.30pm most nights, but the time I actually fall asleep can vary widely. Luckily it doesn't often take me 4 hours to fall asleep though. I hope you have a good nights sleep tonight. I'm hoping to as well because I'm back to school tomorrow.

Your trip to America sounds very exciting. I bet you'll have a great time. I'm very excited about Japan at the moment - less than 8 and a half days to go!! I agree that trips are expensive, I've been saving up for Japan for ages.

Enjoy the cinema tomorrow. I'm ashamed to say I've not read or seen Twilight yet, though I have bought a copy of the book and it's in my bag for Japan. I like Keane too, so have fun at the concert and tell me all about it.

It's exciting planning birthdays. I didn't do anything special for my 17th, but for my 18th (last September) me and my best friend went to London to see Dirty Dancing and we also went on the London Eye :D Let me know how you decide to celebrate your 17th :)

I'm going to go now as I want to read for a bit and then get an early-ish night. X x

Anonymous said...

Bad luck on not getting much snow. There is more due at the end of the week so perhaps you might get a day off then!
Take care