Thursday 28 May 2009

Abandonment of Blog

Ah, I've been a bit useless at blogging lately! Things have been so hectic, I'm afraid i just haven't had a time to post, but I'm here now!

The reason for the chaos is mostly down to exams; so much revision to do, so little time and motivation! I've done four exams so far, and have another two to go. I hope that the first four went ok - French Speaking, French Reading/Writing/Listening, English Lit, English Lang - but the next two are the hardest, as they're for History which I hate & have the most to study for. The problem with it is that the revision is really important - with English Lit, for example, it's difficult to revise; the work you've done all year is what pays off ,if you get what I mean.

My lack of motivation is proving to be a problem too; I think it's because I've worked pretty hard this year, and so now there's no homework I just can't face doing the work. Plus, with revision you're never truly finished, there's always more that can be done, which I don't like!

My last exam is on June 8th, and although I still have another 6 weeks at school after that, I hope it will be a little more relaxed than the rest of the year has been. Other than revision, I have been focusing on my novel - something else which distracts me from revising! I have finished the first round of edits, and have some people currently reading it, although I'm looking for some more who'd like to take a look at it. Luckily people have more free time now that we're heading for summer! I have been planning a sequel, and a third book too - it seems it will be a series! - and have finally worked out the titles: Family Portrait, Snap Shot and Camera Shy. Now I just have to finish my exams so that I can get writing again! I've been trying to fit in some reading too (more distractions!) and have finally finished 'Extras' by Scott Westerfield. I then started 'The Other Boleyn Girl' by Phillipa Gregory, and was so addicted I read it all last night - I definitley recommend it!

Right now I'm on a lunch break from revision (and it is actually a deserved break - I've bene revising all morning!) but I'm gonna to get back to it soon. I promise another blog post soon!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Good luck with the remainder of your exams, I can really sympathise with the problems you're having with motivating yourself to revise.

Well done with the progress on your novel, I'm really looking forward to reading more extracts from it :)

Moll x x