Sunday 5 April 2009

Donor Day - April 7th

I know it's been a while since I updated, and I plan to do a proper updating post at the end of the week, but I wanted to blog now about Donor Day. It;s on the 7th of April, and as I'll be away on that day, I wanted to do something to help - So I'm going to blog and put it on my facebook status.

I haven't personally had much contact with organ donation - up until last year it had never particularly crossed my mind: as it had never affected me, I didn't think about it - something I've blogged about before. However, I came across a site called Post Pals, and the stories of children waiting for, recieving and, unfortunately in some cases, not recieving transplants in time, made me really think about it. Once I'm dead, I would really like someone to be able to benefit from my organs if they can. Then I stared following Sarah's blog on her son William, and Molly's blog, and I really started thinking. I've signed up to the organ donor register now - and I think everyone should at least consider it. So, if you stumble across this blog and haven't considered it, please do. There's more info on Holly's blog: please consider signing the register, and if you're in London, support the campaign there! Also, please think about reposting this, to spread the word.

Be a hero: Put the kettle on.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Great post Becky, thanks for spreading the message :)

I've got a busy couple of days - a photocall for Donor Day tomorrow morning, then I'm running a Donor Desk on Tuesday and attending a Drinks Evening to celebrate Donor Day later that day. I'll update my blog with more details after the events. And I'm going to put it on my Facebook status too :)

Moll x x