Tuesday 6 January 2009

Routine once more...

Shockingly, I am posting on here...and have finished all my homework for the evening! It's a nice feeling - luckily I didn't have too much tonight, as I got an awful l ot of it done last night - although last night I ended up staying uo till gone midnight in order to get it finished, which I hate doing. Still, now I have a nice free evening to relax, which is lovely!

I hope you had a good first day back, Molly - I'm finding it hard to get back into the routine myself! I seem to have turned practically nocturnal over the Christmas Holidays, so the getting up isn't great, as I only had to be up early for a few days that I was working in the holiday. I'm into another book at the minute - Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides. It's an extremely weird book, but I read another by him, 'The Virgin Suicides', and thought it was really well written, and very good - so I'm trying this one out. I honestly can't say what my favourite book is - I've always loved Harry Potter, and recently have fallen in love with the Twilight series too. I'm a hig fan of Meg Cabot, and seem to own most of her books, but I read a lot of classics like the Brontes and Jane Austen too. A very varied taste! haha what I can say is that my bookshelves are literally full to burst - I have books piled up by the side of my bookcase, so I'm hoping I can persuade my dad to build me a big bookcase soon!

The holiday seems to have played havoc with my appetite - I have never really eaten breakfast since I was a really young child, but days of waking up at twelve and then eating immediately means that I'm now hungry when I get up at half seven! (Well, supposedly half seven - it seems to end up being later and later each day!) Very strange - I'm eating loads, so maybe it's a growth spurt - maybe I'll make it past 5"2! Although I doubt it!

The routine of school makes me feel like I've never been off - but at least I can be thankful I don't have any exams (yet) as many of my friends seem to at the moment. Still, the coursework essays are being piled on! I have work experience tomorrow afternoon, which I do every Wednesday, at the local primary school - it's probably the highlight of my school week, as I really look forward to it. It's really encouraging to see kids learning, and to help them out with things and think 'wow, they get that because I explained it', or see them spell a word they couldn't the week previously. Every week just further cements my plans to become a teacher.

Well, I'm off to enjoy my free evening - I hope anyone who's back to school isn't too snowed under with work!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Hi Becky,

Well done with managing to keep up with your homework. I'm struggling a bit with mine at the moment, as I seem to have loads to do.

My first few days back at school have been ok thanks. I'm quite tired though, as like you I was nocturnal over the holidays. Now I'm back at school I'm having to get up a lot earlier, but am not managing to go to bed much earlier.

I've never heard of Jeffrey Eugenides, so I'm going to look him up on the Internet later. And I have to admit to not having read Twilight, though I am planning too. Like you, I think I've got quite a varied taste in books. The best books I've read recently are 'Before I Die' by Jenny Downham, 'Memoirs of a Geisha' by Arthur Golden, The 'Noughts and Crosses' series by Malorie Blackman, 'The Island' by Victoria Hislop and 'My Sister's Keeper' by Jodi Picoult. I can empathise with your full bookshelves, I've got loads of bookshelves, but it's not enough!

Your work experience sounds interesting. I went back to my primary school for 2 weeks of work experience at the end of year 10 and really enjoyed it. What age children are you working with? I worked with 5 to 7 year olds. I'm not sure what career I want, but I think I'd like to work with children. Do you want to be a primary school teacher? What age would you like to teach?

I've got to go now as I've got loads of homework to do tonight. Sorry about the length of my message, lol.

Molly x x

Molly said...

Hi Becky,

I've set up my own blog http://bookworm-molly.blogspot.com/), so please have a look and let me know what you think.

Best wishes,
Molly x