Monday 1 December 2008

Firsts

So. My first blog, and my first post. It's a day of firsts, really - I'm in the process of making my first website. However, it is not (unfortuantely) the first time that I've managed to distract myself from my homework with the Internet. That seems to be a big flaw of the Internet: its ability to distract. So, I have a pile of homework waiting to be done...and yet I'm on here. Well, I'll cross the homework bridge when I come to it.

So, why the title? Well, I love The Killers - my favourite band - and since I bought their latest album, I haven't stopped listening to it. So, their hit single 'Human' is on in the background - and the inspiration for my blog.

I've been planning to start a blog for some time now - I love writing, I love the Internet, and I love exoressing my opinions - it seems a wonder I haven't started a blog before now! I decided I want to begin setting up a website, but whilst I'm setting it up, I thought I'd quite like a blog. So, here I am!

Other than The Killers obsession, what else do you need to know? Well, I'm 16, female, doing my A-Levels (English Lit, English Language, French and History) and I'm vegetarian. I'm looking forward to getting out of Sixth Form - despite the fact I'm only in my first term! - and getting off to Universtiy. I'm slowly getting to grips with the change in workload for A-Levels, but it's a helluva lot of work. I've been told A-Levels are the hardest - apparently Uni is easier than this! Let's hope so.

The vegetarianism - well, if you read any more of my blog, I'm sure you'll hear all about it, so I won't go into it here.

Rather than doing my homework last night, I decided to get a load of stuff onto Ebay: surprisingly, not to make enough money for Christmas Presents (I've actually done all of my Xmas shopping already!) but just for some extra cash - I want to go on a school trip to America in a couple of years time. I've also been avoiding the homework by wrapping up Christmas presents (hey, I know it's early, but still.) I've been buying gifts for ill children on the website 'Post Pals' (postpals.co.uk) and having fun wrapping them. I sent a couple off today, as their things for the kids to open before Christmas - so I hope they enjoy them! Hopefully if I have time tonight I'll wrap some more, write some more Christmas Cards and send them off.

I guess I'd better make a start on the homework!

No comments: